CSCIS Senior Advisor Africa
EXPERTISE // Cybersecurity + Security Technology, Technologies
William is a senior advisor at CSCIS for Africa and currently is the Chairman – Africa Cyber Defence Forum (ACDF) Advisory and Board member and Director and CEO of the African Advanced Level Telecommunications Institute (AFRALTI)
- Currently pursuing Ph.D. in Strategic Information Systems
- MBA in Operations Management – University of Nairobi
- B. Sc. Computer Science (Upper 2nd Class) – Egerton University
William has a strong IP Networks background including Mobile Broadband Wireless Networks, IP MPLS Core Networks, Fibre Optics. 25 years experience in Telecommunications (engineering, pre-sales, sales, leadership) and over 10 years experience at the senior management level.
- Regionals Sales and Business Development Lead – CommScope (Fibre Optic and Radio Systems manufacturing)
- Senior IP Sales Manager, SSA – Ericsson
- Regional Sales Manager, East Africa – Cisco Systems
- Customer Solutions Manager (Presales) – Nokia Siemens Networks – Airtel Africa Group – 4 years in charge of 9 OpCos.
William has held several various positions in Africa Online Group(part of Telkom SA group); a pan African ISP present in over 13 countries in Africa. He started as a Sales Engineer and worked as a Technical Manager in various African Countries and left as Group Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for over a period of 10 yrs. He also served as MTN Business Africa (formerly UUNET Africa) as Network Engineer.
Over 25 years experience in ICTs
- Member of Internet Society (ISOC), Kenya Institute of Management (KIM)
- Based in Nairobi, Kenya, and likes golfing and travelling.